10 reasons why paper ads don't work.
1) Starting with the data quality. Yes, we know they all keep, use and supply rubbish distribution data. This is precisely why we created this Automotive Database of all United Kingdom car dealership lots direct from each manufacturers own list. Then, we recheck the dealership listings every single quarter by telephone. All 6,000 names and emails!
Ask me (then ask others who will refuse) to supply your local county FREE TO CHECK QUALITY. Give us more hurdles to jump!
2) Due to rising cost in 2008 Automotive Newspapers switched from weekly to monthly. So, exposure became 25% of what is was pre 2008. They then silently cut the print run by half. That's 50% loss of the 25% that was left from the first cut!
They then cut the paper size (your advert size) in half. Another 50% of what was left. Now having now 3 times the number of pages monthly, your advert 'seen chances' dropped another 66% being among an ocean of 90 pages today. Amazing, all those drops result in 6% of what exposure was in 2008 and you still pay the same!
3) The memory effect of a monthly magazine makes adverts pointless.
4) Over 900+ sales managers move job location each quarter. A fact we can verify.
5) The main Automotive Management newspapers admit 90% are sent FREE to data unchecked receipents for over 2 years. Do you really think anyone tells a newspaper when they move?
6) 2,3,4,5 proves your advert is seen by less than 3% of key decision makers. If that.
7) We hold evidence showing publications have lied about print run and distribution. Ask to see documents from from Trading Standards for AM Newspaper, IMI Magazine, Car Dealer Magazine (who don't even have audits) & more.
8) On that 2 year paper request, no independent checks are made on recipients job function. Most are sent to NON decision makers and unlike us they refuse the data test.
9) Receptionist dispose of plastic wrapped mags as junk mail. Especially, if they have no names or, people have left.
Remember, we can send proof that over 800 sales managers move each quarter.
Only we keep up!
10) Placing adverts tells your competition exactely what your offers are!
FOR SAMPLE PAGES OF OUR BOOK
FOR EXTENSIVE SAMPLE DATA
ASK FOR PRICES TODAY
PUT US TO ANY TEST ON E-MAIL OR DATA SERVICES WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE
FACT: Over 3,600 key car industry staff change location every year. So, while a newspapers distribution data can be 2 years old our data is phone checked every quarter & E-mail checked weekly.
If a particular publication does actually reach a real decision maker,
your advert is lost among 70+ pages.
...... it's no wonder newspaper ads will never work!